G) Security and Fire Protection
The safety and integrity of a data center are of paramount importance. This makes the security and the fire protection system in data centers a very crucial aspect. Additionally, subsystems including physical security devices at room and rack level also come into play. Certain physical security devices include biometric devices, codes. keys and cards, whereas the intelligent types like smoke detectors, clean agent fire suppression systems and linear heat detection come under the example so fire detection and suppression systems.
Fire Suppression System :Technical Specification and Features
- Very fast and highly effective against a wide range of Class A, B and electrical fires.
- It is highly safe for occupied areas.
- Electrically non-conductive and non-erosive.
- Leaves no post-discharge residue hence no need to clean up.
- Environmentally acceptable
- 25/42 bar system
- Range of system release options
- Low installation costs
- The versatile computer design maximizes effectiveness of system
- Overall low maintenance costs